We offer a variety of workshops, professional training seminars and a support group for post abortive individuals.
Workshops are both an economical and time efficient way of helping you to broaden your understanding of particular issues and enhance certain skills so that you can reach your goals more efficiently.
This is an introductory workshop for couples where one or both partners have children from previous relationships.
The workshop will seek to look at:
- Common Myths Relating To Blended Families
- Common Issues And Dynamics That Blended Families Are Challenged With.
- Clarifying Your Desired Horizon
- 8 Attitudes For Success
- 7 Keys To Making It Work
- The Ex-Spouse
- Conflicting Standards Between Households
- Understanding Grief
This is a workshop for all parents seeking to transition into a new season of parenting teenagers with positive impact. The workshop will seek to look at:
- Making Adjustments For A New Season
- Understanding The Pressures On Teenagers Today
- Clarifying Your Desired Horizon
- The Role of the Family
- Meeting Our Teens’ Needs
- Communicating Effectively With Teens
- Understanding Anger
- 6 Keys for Resolving Conflict
- 8 Keys for Equipping Teens to Make Good Choices
This is a 6 session introductory counselling package that is tailored exclusively for each couple preparing to marry. Your counsellor will meet with you and design a program that will help to increase your understanding of yourself and your partner’s personality, temperament and differences and facilitate you as a couple in laying solid foundations for your future to be built on. Some of the common areas of focus that couples preparing to marry find useful to have some counselling in are:
- Marriage Expectations
- The Basic Needs of Husband & Wife
- The 5 Love Languages
- Understanding & Handling Your Differences
- The Dance between Closeness & Distance
- Sex and Affection
- Communication & Active Listening
- Assertiveness & Conflict Resolution
- Relationship Roles
- Children & Parenting
- Financial Management
This is a workshop for those seeking a better understanding of the stressors in their life and how to handle them. It includes both practical and experiential exercises as well as offering you the 5 key antibodies for stress. Some of the topics covered will include:
- Understanding Stress
- The Flight Or Fight Response
- Identifying Symptoms & Sources
- Looking at Your Own Coping Mechanisms
- Understanding How Your Mind & Body Interact
- The Power of Body Awareness
- Breathing Basics
- Progressive Relaxation
- Being Present In The Moment
- 3 Easy Techniques to Self Regulate Your Autonomic Nervous System
This is a 9-week healing and support group (1.5 hours per week) for women wishing to address the painful experience of their abortion(s) & begin to claim their healing.
The facilitator of this group has a deep understanding of the distress, emotional and spiritual anguish that abortion can catalyse in a person’s life and understands the pathway for your healing. You will be supported in a safe, respectful and dignified space so that you can begin to understand and explore the impact of abortion on your self, your relationships and your life. Through a sensitive combination of talking, art and symbol therapies, you will be guided in your healing journey. There will be opportunities to address the common issues of guilt, shame, anger, resentment, grief and loss.