People seek counselling for a wide range of reasons; some are looking for relief from persistent feelings of depression and anxiety or social phobias. Some are seeking support as they bravely face difficult and painful issues from their past/present. Others are looking for clarity and guidance around a particular issue or relationship. Still others come looking for meaning and understanding of their lives or help with spiritual matters. There are also those who seek help in recovering from grief and/or adjusting to significant changes in their lives.
Whatever your reasons, you can be assured that Bethesda Counselling will provide you with quality, best practice individual counselling services to support you in your quest for mental, emotional and spiritual well- being. Individual counselling will give you opportunities for growth, healing, finding new strengths and making new beginnings. You will find a safe, caring and dignified space where you can explore & make sense of your life, heal, grow, plan and realize your dreams and goals.
Individual counselling sessions are uniquely designed around your specific needs and can help you to regain confidence and control over your life. Narelle Williams, Bethesda’s Counsellor and Family Therapist, has worked alongside others in a wide variety of concerns and has had success in facilitating clients in the resolution of their issues, which have included:
- Depression & anxiety
- Trauma & Abuse
- Grief & loss
- Unplanned Pregnancy
- Low self esteem
- Abortion grief
- Pregnancy loss
- Sexual abuse
- Childhood neglect
- Recovering from abusive and violent relationships
- Addictions & Self Harm
- Life adjustments
- Spiritual matters
Bethesda’s approach to individual counselling draws from evidence based interventions and a wide range of therapeutic models such as Systemic and Milan Family Therapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Creative Arts Therapy, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Narrative Therapy and Mindfulness & Relaxation techniques.
Individual counselling at Bethesda can help you:
- To heal and/or manage anxiety & depression related issues.
- To heal and recover from trauma, abuse and/or childhood neglect.
- To support you through your journey of loss, broken-heartedness and grief.
- To understand yourself and help you identify and change unhelpful, self sabotaging thinking patterns and beliefs.
- To identify the roots of addictive behaviour and support you in your recovery journey.
- To increase your confidence and sense of identity and worth.
- To gain insight and freedom from dysfunctional patterns and toxic relationship choices.
- To identify your values and assist you in setting meaningful goals.
- To learn and develop important skills such as assertiveness, negotiation and problem solving.
- To explore and manage difficult and painful emotions such as sadness, guilt, fear, shame, misery, grief, anguish, resentment, anger and rage.
- To understand your vulnerability to stress and learn relaxation and stress reduction techniques.
- To adjust to difficult circumstances and make transitions more smoothly.
- To build a richer, more meaningful life and enhance relationships.
The fee schedule can be accessed on the website under FAQ.
Bethesda Counselling and Family Therapy offers reliable counselling services in Perth, Midland, Ellenbrook, Kalamunda, the Hills and surrounding areas.